Brown’s Town Community College | Courses | Entry Requirements | Contact
About Brown’s Town Community College
Established in 1975, the College is committed to being a world class institution that provides education and training of the highest quality.
At Brown’s Town Community College we affirm the following as our core values: excellence; centrality of learning; honesty & integrity; industry & creativity; social & individual responsibility and living in harmony with the natural environment.
Our commitment to the delivery of quality education and excellent service is evidenced by our Covenant for Success – Learning Agreement. Through the Covenant for Success, the College enters into a contractual agreement with all students and staff of the College, and the agreement is binding on all parties. It sets out specific guidelines and parameters within which the parties are to operate, in order to ensure that the teaching – learning experience is of the highest quality. The covenant is signed by all members of the College in an official ceremony at the start of each academic year.
Brown’s Town Community College Courses Offered
Brown’s Town Community College Admission
Application to Registration – An Overview
Application forms are available at the Administrative Office or may be downloaded by clicking here. The Application fee for the 2012 – 2013 Academic Year is $400.00 and late applications will attract a fee of $150.00. These fees are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Entry requirements vary according to programme; please refer to the programme listing for the entry requirements for your programme of interest. Provisions are made for Prior Learning and Mature Entry to be considered for some programmes.
The form should be completed and returned to the Admissions Office by the July 06, 2012. Applications for Admissions to the Nursing Campus will be accepted from October 2011 to mid-January 2012.
If you are accepted and you are not able to take up your offer of a place, please notify the Dean of Admissions, in writing, within two weeks of receiving the offer.
Tuition fees are revised at the beginning of each academic year. All fee are due and payable in full before registration.
Registration Dates and Times are published to the public and both new and returning students are expected to complete registration during the allotted time. Failure to do so may result in Late Registration Charges being applied
Brown’s Town Community College Application Procedures
- Obtain an Application Form from our Administrative Office in Brown’s Town or you may download the form by clicking here.
- Complete ALL sections of the application form, as appropriate and ensure that the information is clearly printed.
- Return the completed application form to the Admissions Office along with the following documents as appropriate: [2 Copies each for UTech]
- Three (3) passport – sized photographs, with your name written on the reverse of each
- Certified copy of your Birth Certificate
- Certified copy of your Immunization Record
- Certified copy of Examination Results and/or Professional Resume (for applicants seeking Mature Entry)
- Certified copy of your Marriage Certificate
- Certified copy of a Legal Affidavit or Deed Poll (if your name was changed via such method)
- Evidence of TOEFL Score of 500 or greater (if English is not your first language)
- Certified copy of Academic/Professional Certificates
- Be sure to submit the application by the specified deadline. Deadlines may vary according to the programme being applied for and a late submission fee is charged for submissions after the stated deadlines.
- Return for your interview on the date and time assigned to you.
Other Application Instructions/Notes
- Applicants for courses that require an entrance test are responsible for ascertaining the date and time of the test. The entrance test attracts a non-refundable fee, which must be paid on the morning of the examination.
- In cases where the copies of documents submitted were not certified the applicant must take the originals to the interview.
- Applicants are advised not to return applications by mail as this may result in the application being late. A late submission fee is charged based on the date of receipt by the college.
- The College reserves the right not to process incomplete or incorrectly completed applications.
The Application fee for the 2012 – 2013 Academic Year is $400.00
This form should be completed and returned to the college by July 06, 2012. Late applications will attract a fee of $150.00.
Please note that where forms are collected from our offices an aplicantion fee is due and payable upon receipt of the form and where forms are downloaded the application fee is due on submission of the form.
Brown’s Town Community College REGISTRATION
Your registration at Brown’s Town Community College is not complete until you have done the following:
Collect registration package from the Administrative Office in Brown’s Town
Pay fees in FULL at any Branch of the National Commercial Bank
Complete the Registration Form (incomplete forms will not be processed)
Return completed Registration Form & Bank Voucher to the Administrative Office in Brown’s Town as per the date and time specified in the published registration schedule.
Collect Certificate of Registration and your Identification Card
Tuition and Fees are revised at the beginning of each academic year and are correct as at the time of publication, but are subject to change.
Payment may be made by cash, cheque, mastercard, VISA or debit cards.
All payments in the form of cash or cheque must be made at the bank using a payment voucher obtained at the College.
Cheques are to be made payable to Brown’s Town Community College, and must be brought to the Bursar’s Office to be stamped before they are taken to the bank.
Card payments are done at the Administrative Office in Brown’s Town.
Contact Brown’s Town Community College
Tel: 876.975.2339 or 876.975.2457 or 876.917.9432 or 876.917.9434
The Dean of Admissions
Tel: 876.975.2339 or 2457 Fax: 876.917.7119
The Technical Campus (Discovery Bay)
Tel: 876.973.9855 or 876.973.9856 Fax: 876.973.9880
The Nursing Campus (St. Ann’s Bay)