Edna Manley College of the Visual & Performing Arts | Courses | Entry Requirements | Contact
About Edna Manley College of the Visual & Performing Arts
The College Board of Directors comprises fifteen members appointed by the Minister of Education and is mandated to function in accordance to the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts Scheme Order of 2004 – section 3.1. The Chairman is appointed by the Minister of Education to serve for a period of three years but may be re-appointed to the position for a second term.
Edna Manley College of the Visual & Performing Arts courses
School of Arts Management and Humanities
- Bachelor of Arts in Arts Management
- Associate of Arts in Arts Management
- Arts Management Minor
School of Drama
- Bachelor of Arts Drama in Education
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Theatre Arts (Acting track)
- Bachelor of Arts in Drama (EMCVPA/UWI)
- Associate of Arts // Theatre Arts
- Minor Drama In Education
- Minor Theatre Arts
School of Music
- Bachelor of Music in Performance (BM)
- Wind (clarinet, flute, saxophone, trumpet, trombone)
- Steel Pan & Percussion
- Contemporary Music Studies (formerly Jazz and Popular Music Studies)
- Bachelor of Music Education (BME) with two (2) areas of specialization
- Associate of Arts in Music (AA)
- Certificate in Music (CM)
- Fundamentals of Music Literacy and Performance (FMLP)
School of Visual Arts
Programmes at the School of Visual prepare students to undertake studies in the areas of Painting, Animation, Ceramics, Visual Communication, Sculpture, Textile, Fibre Arts, Fashion, Photography, Design, Interdisciplinary Studies and Art Education.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts – Four (4) years
- Associate Degree – Fine Arts (2) years
- Minor Programme – 20 credits
- Bachelor of Art Education – Four (4) years
- Certificate Programme – Fine Arts – Two (2) years
- Studio Certificate – Fine Arts – One (1) year
- UWI/EMC BA Humanities & Education
- Degree – Visual Arts Major – Three (3) years
School of Dance
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Performance and Choreography (4 years) and Traditional
and Folk Dance Studies (4 years)
- Bachelor of Arts in Dance Education (BAE) (4 years)
- Associate of Arts (AA) in Dance Performance (2 years)
- Certificate in Dance Performance (2 years)
- Certificate in Fundamentals of Dance Technique (1 year).
Edna Manley College of the Visual & Performing Arts Admission Procedure
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TESTsss
- All applicants are required to sit the Edna Manley College’s English Proficiency Test as a part of the College’s requirement for entrance.
- One of the College’s policies is ‘Students must be able to understand rapid, idiomatic English and to express themselves clearly in speech and writing’.
- The test is administered by the Registry and attracts a fee. This is non-refundable.
Schools of the Performing Arts:
School of Music:
- A performance of an instrumental or vocal work of your choice
- A short oral/aural examination in basic ear training and sight singing
- A written theoretical examination paper taken from the School’s placement test
School of Dance:
- A performance of a solo dance work of your choice
- Participation in two dance technique classes (Caribbean Traditional Folk and Modern)
- An interview by the panel
School of Drama:
- Prepare and present two dramatic monologues (one Dialect, the other Standard English)
- Complete an exercise in comprehension, grammar and analytical skills
- An interview regarding your study objectives and your commitment and financial preparedness for the selected programme of study
Arts Management Programme
- Applicants in the Arts Management Programme are required to attend an interview.
School of the Visual Arts:
- Attend an interview
- A portfolio of a minimum of fifteen (15) pieces of artwork.
- The portfolio should represent the candidate’s development and provide the interview panel with an indication of interests and strengths. Your ability to draw should be represented throughout the portfolio.
- The work presented might include still-life, landscape, portraits and figure drawings and should demonstrate your use of colour and sense of composition.
- Three-dimensional work, sculpture and crafts may also be presented.
General Entry Requirements
- Visual Arts at the CXC Level is mandatory only for the School of Visual Art. However, where a candidate does not have CXC Art, his/her Portfolio should provide the assessment committee with unequivocal proof of his/her art potential in the visual arts.
- English Literature at the CXC Level is recommended only for the School of Drama.
In addition to meeting similar educational requirements to that of our local students, international students are required to:
- Send a videotape/DVD of performance for assessment for the Schools of Dance and Drama
- An audio cassette or CD for the School of Music.
Edna Manley College of the Visual & Performing Arts Scholarship
For Scholarships Click Here
Edna Manley College of the Visual & Performing Arts Contact
Visit Our Campus
Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts
1 Arthur Wint Drive
Kingston 5, St. Andrew