EMIRATES INSTITUTE FOR CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE
About the Institute
The Emirates Institute for Citizenship Residency and Ports strives to become one of the leading educational institutions in the United Arab Emirates and the first in the region with outstanding academic and capacity building programs in the field of citizenship residency and ports.
The institute was established by Federal Law No 37 of 2008, and obtained the academic accreditation from the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in 2012. The institute offers distinguished academic research, training, e-training and continuing education programs as well as post graduate programs in a very rare specialized field.
The Institute has highly qualified faculty, with unique academic and practical experience in the field of citizenship, residency and ports affairs. The comprehensive programs of the Institute, including theoretical, practical and capacity building courses will enable human resources to upgrade their educational levels and professional skills that firmly contribute to their sustained development of security services and welfare of the local and international communities.
The Emirates Institute of Citizenship, Residence and Ports, (EICRP) aspires to be a leading institution at the national, regional and international level by maintaining quality standards in training, education, capacity building, research and community service.
EICRP will provide consolidated learning of legal concepts, security, service and the economic and social processes that govern Citizenship, Residence and Ports Affairs. This is accomplished through the administration of two distinct programs, the academic Bachelor of Science Program and the Professional Development Training Program. EICRP fulfills its mission by maintaining components of national identity guided by the vision of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan – President of the UAE. The EICRP serves the Ministry of Interior, Citizenship, Residence and Ports Affairs by training its employees, potential employees and other students who wish to gain knowledge in topics related to immigration and citizenship. The facility will train students throughout all seven Emirates of the United Arab Emirates with the goal of fulfilling the mission of the Minister of Interior of “Enhancing the quality of life for everyone in the Emirates community by ensuring safety and security”.
The core values of EICRP are derived from the principles and morals emanating from the cultural heritage of the UAE society and its traditions that affect the overall leadership affairs of Citizenship, Residence and Ports Affairs, in building a culture of excellence as well as encouraging education and creativity. These core values are presented as:
- Honesty and integrity
- Justice and human rights
- Leadership and teamwork
- Innovation and excellence
Goals and Objectives
Emirates Institute for Citizenship, Residency and Ports seeks to achieve the following goals and objectives:
1. provide students and trainees with the basic legal, administrative, socio-economical and strategic theories governing Citizenship, Residency and Ports Affairs;
2. develop the communication skills of the students in the environment of diversity and multi-cultural societies;
3. upgrade the educational and professional skills of the students and trainees to cope with the contemporary security problems and geopolitical changes;
4. promote the awareness of Citizenship, Residency and Ports Affairs in the national security and socio-economic development;
5. the organization of Citizenship, Residency and Ports as an identified field profession with its theoretical references and classified jobs; and
6. fulfill the needs of Citizenship, Residency and Ports Affairs in UAE, the GCC and the region.
Outcomes of Institute Program
Students, trainees and researchers graduated from the institute will:
1. Understand the fundamental objectives of Citizenship, Residency and Ports operations;
2. Understand the various fields of knowledge and cultures as well as international relations related to the citizenship, residency and ports affairs;
3. be able to communicate properly with innumerable cultures and ethnics in the context of human rights and UAE heritage;
4. be able to provide excellent services with the standards of best practices in the world;
5. Contribute in enhancing the advanced UAE and GCC position among developed nations; and
6. Contribute in solving problems related to absconding labors and illegal residency, through innovative researches and strategies.