Some Interview Quick Tips
1. Dress smartly, look bright and attentive
Men’s Interview Attire
- Suit (Navy, Black or Dark Gray)
- Long Sleeve shirt (White is preferable, or coordinated with the suit)
- Dark socks, conservative leather shoes
- Neat, professional hairstyle
- Neatly trimmed nails and beard
Women’s Interview Attire
- Suit (Solid color – preferable dark colors)
- The suit skirt should be long enough so you can sit down comfortably
- Coordinated blouse
- Conservative shoes
- Limited Jewelry (no dangling earrings or arms full of bracelets),
- Professional hairstyle
- Light make-up and perfume
- Neatly manicured clean nails
- 2. Show up (15) minutes before your scheduled appointment
- 3. Turn off your mobile phone
- 4. It is important to relax, but don’t let yourself get too comfortable. Maintain good posture and eye contact, keep your gestures, limited and controlled, and try to eliminate nervous tics.
- 5. Structure your answers in a clear and concise manner. Do not exaggerate or stretch the truth. Most importantly, make sure you answer the question you are asked. Don’t forget that in the first few minutes only 7% of the interviewer’s opinion of you is formed by what you say – the rest is judged on how you look, act and sound.
- 6. Always remember that your job interview is not a test of your knowledge, but it is a test of whether you can use that knowledge while you are under pressure to perform.
- 7. Go out the same way you came in – with a big smile, add sincere thanks for your interviewers’ time and consideration.
- 8. Stop believing in luck and start believing in yourself
All the best for your interview