Jamaica Constabulary Force Recruitment Requirements
We want people who are up for a challenge – physically and mentally – who want to give back to the community, and who align with our core values.
Honesty, integrity and professional standards such as cooperation and mutual respect are characteristics we require in our members.
We are looking for people with:
- High Levels of Motivation
- A commitment to working with the community
- Between 18-40 years of age
- Applicants over 30 must be currently working in one of the following professions: Military, Education, Medical, Finance/Banking, Scientific, Technical or Legal.
|Height||Minimum 5feet 5inches||Minimum 5feet 3inches|
|Weight||Minimum – 135lbs||Minimum – 125lbs|
|The recruiting officer has the authority to waive the above guidelines based on special circumstances and the applicant.|
- Be a Jamaican citizen
Security Vetting / Clearance
- All applicants will be thoroughly vetted before and after being accepted into training
- Various sections within the JCF will also be conducting investigations on behalf of the recruiting office.
Physical, Medical and psychological Requirements
- Meet the medical and psychological standards for the Jamaica Constabulary Force
- Be physically fit and healthy and able to undertake the physical requirements of training
Each applicant must produce documentary proof of his/her qualifications. At present the minimum requirements is 4 Subjects in:
- CXC/CSEC – at grades 1-3 (grade 3 acceptable after 1998) or
- GCE O’Level – at grades of A – C or
- SSC – grades at ranges 4 and 5
Any other qualifications that are equivalent to the aforementioned and so approved by the Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) or University Council of Jamaica (UCJ). Passes must include Mathematics (or a math based subject – Accounts, Physics or Chemistry) and English Language (mandatory).
NB: JSC and lower educational qualifications are not accepted. Note also that certification received overseas must be accredited in Jamaica. Applicants are required to obtain the requisite accreditation from the office of the UCJ.
Applicants who present tertiary level certification (eg. first and or second degrees) are required to sit the entry level exam. Where the applicant possess other qualifications such as certificate or diploma in addition to less than the four subjects required, the recruiting officer may conduct a brief interview with him/her and determine whether based on the transcript of these certification, the candidate may be granted permission to sit the exam.